Your Burlington Dentists Weigh in on Invisalign
Why Invisalign Should be Part of Your New Year’s Resolution
You have meant to straighten your smile for a few years now, but the idea of metal brackets and rubber bands turns you away every time. You have heard about Invisalign, and the idea of transparent plastic trays is more than intriguing.
So, why not start your New Year with a straighter smile by getting yourself fitted for Invisalign? Today it is more accessible than ever and with the team at Gardner Dental, you can straighten your smile quickly, without the hassles of traditional metal braces.
Things to Consider before Choosing Invisalign
Invisalign is an excellent alternative to traditional braces, but it is not for everyone. Therefore, before you schedule an appointment with Gardner Dental, consider some of these must-know facts to see if the trays or metal braces work better for you.
- Treatments are Faster: With the liner system from Invisalign, you change your liners weekly to achieve a straighter smile. In most cases, this results in faster results compared to traditional metal braces.
- Discomfort is Normal: While the plastic liners are much more comfortable than traditional metal braces, you may still have some discomfort around the gum line where your plastic tray meets the delicate tissue. Talk to your dentist at Gardner Dental, and we can help make your liners more comfortable.
- You See Results Faster: The convenience of Invisalign is that you remove the trays and do not have the metal brackets blocking your field of vision; therefore, you can see the results. While it can take more than a year to fully straighten your teeth, you will start seeing results in 2 to 3 months.
- Retainers are Still Necessary: Even after you finish aligning your teeth, you may need a retainer or bite guard at night for a few months to ensure your teeth stay straightened. Your dentist will help you plan for aftercare, so you know what to expect.
- Your Diet Might Change: When you have your liners in, you are advised to only drink water – not coffee or tea. Therefore, you must remove your liners any time you want something other than water. The more time the liner is out of your mouth, the longer the process takes. Therefore, you may find yourself drinking coffee or eating meals faster to hurry and replace your liner.
- You Might Have Attachments: While most patients using Invisalign only have liners, some may require attachments and buttons. These ensure the Invisalign tray attaches to individual teeth and straightens them more efficiently. The attachments and buttons are tooth-coloured, so you do not have to worry about them showing too much on your teeth.
There is nothing wrong with dreaming of a straighter smile, and now you can make that dream a reality. Come in for an Invisalign consultation in Burlington by visiting the team at Gardner Dental. Our dentists want you to have a smile you are proud of, and we offer a variety of options that give you straighter teeth.