How Cosmetic Dentistry Can Beautify Your Smile
Ever stifled a smile or choked back a laugh to hide your teeth? If so, then visiting a cosmetic dentist could make a huge impact on your life. At Gardner Dental Group in Burlington, we offer a range of cosmetic dentistry treatments that can revitalize your smile and make you more comfortable with your teeth. Our goal is to help provide you with a grin that you’ll proudly share with the world.
The Differences Between Cosmetic Dentistry and Restorative Dentistry
The role of restorative dentistry is to make sure your oral health is as impeccable as possible. This means ensuring your teeth are both functional and are free of disease. Cosmetic dentistry differs in that it’s more concerned with the appearance of your smile. Though the foundation of a beautiful smile is without a doubt great dental health, a cosmetic dentist will look beyond mere function and consider ways your smile can be enhanced.
What to Expect When You Visit a Cosmetic Dentist
At our Burlington dental clinic, before any cosmetic dentistry is performed, the first step is to execute an exam to discover and ultimately attend to any health concerns. If your teeth are in good health, the next step will be to discuss with you the goals you hope to achieve through cosmetic dentistry. Based on the current state of your teeth and the physical structure of your mouth, we’ll outline options and formulate a plan that will help you achieve your goal. Together, we’ll plot a course that will result in your most beautiful smile possible.
Types of Enhancements Our Patients Request
Not every cosmetic dentistry plan is complicated. Sometimes, all that’s required is a simple teeth whitening to eradicate stains, and voila, you’re well on your way. And then there are patients who require many months’ worth of varying treatments to accomplish their goals. There’s no right or wrong. It’s simply a matter of what you wish to achieve. Here are a few common reported blemishes and how we remedy them.
- Gap(s) in the mouth. Whether it’s one or more missing teeth, often our patients feel better about their smiles when we eradicate gaps. Dental implants or bridges are often the answer.
- Crooked teeth. For those patients who wish to straighten their smile, braces or other orthodontic devices would be the solution.
- Chipped or cracked teeth. Depending on the severity of the crack or chip, the solution might vary. Veneers, contouring or bonding are all possibilities. Crowns may also be utilized.
- Too gummy smile. In a case where one feels there is too much gum showing in their smile, cosmetic gum surgery is the answer.
- Overlapping teeth. In this case, the remedy is most likely contouring.
Schedule a consultation
No matter how you feel about your current teeth, there is an answer that will transform your smile. Contact us today to schedule an appointment. We’d be happy to have you visit our office in Burlington Mall to review your concerns and evaluate the options that would be available to you. We will always work to provide the least invasive and most cost-effective methods possible.