The Advantages of Professional Dental Cleaning – Important Information from Your Family Dentist in Burlington
However, brushing and flossing alone are not enough to ensure optimal oral health. You also need to visit Gardner Dental Group for routine cleaning appointments. Getting your teeth professionally cleaned is vital to your health. This simple practice could help you to maintain not only your dental health, but your overall health, as well.
Professional Dental Cleanings: Reaping the Benefits
If you are skeptical as to why professional cleaning appointments are even necessary, you should not hesitate to consult your family dentist on the topic. Before you do that, you might also explore the following information about dental cleanings:
- Cavity Prevention: While brushing and flossing are crucial aspects of keeping your teeth clean, they cannot accomplish what professional cleaning does. When you have your teeth cleaned in our office, they will be thoroughly cleaned with a dental tool. Getting your teeth scraped in this way helps to prevent cavities from forming. This work requires the skilled hand of a trained professional, and you should not attempt to do it yourself.
- Gum Disease: In addition to helping you avoid tooth decay, dental cleaning will also aid in preventing gum disease. Professional cleanings will remove plaque, which can spread beyond the visible parts of your teeth and go underneath your gums. This can lead to gum disease, tooth loss, and even the loss of bone from the supporting jaw.
- Other Health Issues: Dental cleanings may also help to prevent other health issues from manifesting. Gum disease has been linked to some serious, life-threatening health problems, including heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
- Appearance: Getting your teeth cleaned regularly boosts the appearance of your smile. By keeping your teeth and gums in good condition, you may ensure that they look beautiful, too.
- Cost: Avoiding major oral health issues will also be beneficial to your budget. Even if you have dental insurance, the cost of being treated for dental decay and gum disease can impose a strain on your finances. Scheduling routine cleaning visits is a much more cost-effective strategy than waiting to see a dentist until you have a dental emergency. Additionally, paying for other serious health conditions could be far more expensive than dental treatment.
Getting your teeth cleaned is a simple, painless, and relatively inexpensive way to remain in good health. While some people only require this treatment twice a year, others may need to get their teeth cleaned every few months. Always schedule dental cleaning appointments as often as your Gardner Dental Group dentist recommends. In terms of health and overall cost, the results will be well worth the time and money.
Book a visit with your Burlington family dentist by calling us at 905-632-3633. You can also use our easy online contact form for further assistance.